Last week, Big City Moms held their second annual Biggest Baby Shower here in LA. For those of you who haven’t heard of Big City Moms, it was started by New York moms Risa Goldberg and Leslie Venokur as a social group featuring events and other resources for, of course, moms. After bringing the Biggest Baby Shower to LA last year, they realized that it’s a market that’s definitely clamoring for this type of event. And for those of you who missed the event last week, don’t worry – they’ll be in SF next month!
When I was asked to come out to photograph the event, I jumped at the chance. A night of getting cute baby details and being overwhelmed by the amount of baby product there is out there? Sure! Especially since this is a world that I need to start delving into. And the vendors and sponsors definitely hooked it up – there was plenty of swag at this shindig, and more than one person walked out with a brand new stroller. Risa was even generous enough to send me off with my own gift bag at the end of the night to help me start prepping for my baking bun!
Here’s just a sampling of the going ons from the shower. I can’t even begin to list all the vendors, but I think everyone from Avent to Mustela to Born Free was there. Not only was there plenty to browse in the main ballroom and appearances by Giuliana Rancic and Beverley Mitchell, but there were also seminars throughout the night featuring The Guncles, Samantha Ettus, and Kimberly Van der Beek (yes, she’s James Van der Beek’s wife), among others.
Big thanks to Risa and Leslie for bringing me on for the night, and to the vendors for being such good sports about me constantly bugging them for photos and detailed shots of their booths.
Vendors featured above:
- Project Nursery: Gorgeous set-up. I can only hope I have this much taste when it comes to redoing half of my office to make space for our little one.
- DaddyScrubs: I am now considering getting Edwin a pair of these. As the guys pointed out, there aren’t many baby products for dads to get excited about, but this could be fun for him!
- Lavender Pudding: Again, I wish I had an eye for design like this!
- L’ovedbaby: Such sweet clothes, and chatting with Sharon Oved was one of the highlights of my night.
- Georgetown Cupcake: These tasted just as good as they looked!
- Numi Numi Design: Lior Schapiro was incredibly sweet (offering me water!) and makes a beautifully designed product.
- MomciergeLA: Great resource for expecting moms – and it helps that Sarah and Jessica are so friendly and welcoming.
- The Pump Station: These ladies have been an invaluable resource for my sister – I expect they’ll be the same for me!
- and because there are too many more to go through one by one: Mamas & Papas, The Bump, Happy Family, Born Free, Little Twig, Bumbleride, Britax, Pediped, Mustela, nurturme, Ergobaby, Alma, and Beco.